The share market is a platform where buyers and sellers come together to trade on publicly listed shares during specific hours of the day. People often use the terms ‘share market’ and ‘stock market’ interchangeably.
WHAT IS STOCK EXCHANGE
When we buy or sell stocks with a third party (NSE,BSE) of any company is called STOCK exchange.
INDEX IN SHARE MARKET
- 1-BSE (BOMBAY STOCK EXCHANGE)
- 2-NSE (NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE)
Market participants include individual retail investors, institutional investors (e.g., pension funds, insurance companies, mutual funds, index funds, exchange-traded funds, hedge funds, investor groups, banks and various other financial institutions), and also publicly traded corporations trading in their own shares. Robo-advisors, which automate investment for individuals are also major participants.
5 IMPORTANT TERMS
- 1-SEBI (security exchange board of india
- RBI (reserve bank of india)
- IRDAI (insurance regulatory and development authority of india)
- PFRDA (pension fund regulatory and development authority)
- NHB (national housing bank)
WHO AM I IN SHARE MARKET
- DAY TRADER – buy or sell stock on the same day
- POTENTIAL TRADER – buy or sell in few days ( 3 to 6 days)
- Investors are those who buy shares for long time .
- Detect the price difference between NSE & BSE .
- Contract trader